Provides free and confidential assistance for all UC Merced affiliates (including undergraduate students, uraduate students, staff and faculty members. Stop by KL 107.
Campus Advocate: 209-386-2051
Provides free and confidential services to individuals and families who have experienced or are currently experiencing domestic violence or sexual assault.
24-hour hotline: 209-722-HELP (4357)
UC Merced Counseling and Psychological Services (Students only)
Provides free and confidential counseling services through individual, couple and group formats, as well as crisis intervention, for all registered UC Merced students (undergraduate and graduate).
24-hour hotline: 209-228-4266
Call or walk-in to make an appointment.
INSIGHT Employee Assstance Program (Staff and Faculty only)
INSIGHT offers employees and their household dependents three counseling sessions every six months with a licensed professional to assist with work/life concerns. Employees are also entiled to a free 30-minute legal and financial consultation. All services are private and confidential.
How to Help a Survivor
- Listen in a sensitive, caring manner and believe them.
- Support them by referring to campus and community resources, like those listed above. Respect their decisions, even if it is different than what you would choose. You can also help them access these resources by helping them find the contact information or accompanying them.
- Protect their Privacy--do not share their story or information without their permission--be transparent about your reporting requirements
- Let them know it's not their fault--no one asks for or deserves this violence.
- Seek consultation support from resources for yourself--Supporting someone can be challenging, especially if you have prior experience with these issues--all of the above resources are available to you as well as a confidential place to process and take care of yourself.
Assure the person that support services are available. Let them know they have options to choose from.
For More Information about Confidential and Reporting Resources, please refer to CARE Resources and Referral Sheet.