The Selection Process for Crisis Counselor Volunteers at Valley Crisis Center is as follows:
- Submit an application
- Volunteer interview and Selection
- Pass a Live Scan fignerprint test
- Pass a DMV Check (for drivers only)
- Undergo 65 hours of Domestic Violence Sexual Assault Training
- Shadow other Crisis Counselors for a total of 65 hours
- Obtain their Certificate of Completion
- All volunteeers are required to be on the on-call calendar once or twice a month. This can be done alone, if they are comfortable or in pairs.
- All volunteers have a choice once they are done shadowing, to what extent they would like to volunteer.
- All volunteers are encouraged to attend the once a month volunteer meeting.
For more information on VOlunteering with Valley Crisis Center, please refer to their website linked below: