Skip to content Skip to navigation

Reporting Options

In an emergency, dial 911 to contact local law enforcement.

You may want to contact the campus advocate to discuss your options before you report, and it is your right to have an advocate present while you talk to law enforcement or campus officials. 

  • UC Merced Campus Advocate: 209-386-2051 
  • Valley Crisis Center 24-hour hotline: 209-722-4357

If you are a survivor of sexual violence, dating/domestic violence and/or stalking, you have the choice to report these crimes to law enforcement and/or the Student Judicial Affairs (SJA) Office. They may investigate and pursue action against perpetrators if the survivor so desires.

UC Merced Police Department

Non-Emergency: 209-228-2677 

Merced City Police Department

Non-Emergency: 209-385-6905

Student Conduct

Reports of student misconduct may be submitted by email, fax, or by delivery to the Student Conduct Office (reports may be submitted confidentially and the Student Conduct Staff may help you to evaluate whether a misconduct report is appropriate and in preparing the report). The Student Conduct Office is open for these purposes during normal business hours 209-228-5433.

Title IX Office

For any questions or concerns regarding discrimination, harrassment, or sexual harrassment, contact Michael Salvador at 209-285-9510 or by email at

For more information about UC Merced's policies and procedures surrounding sexual violence and harassment, visit

Office of Campus Climate and Culture 

The Office of Campus Climate and Compliance provides direction, guidance and resources to assist the campus in creating and maintaining a positive and healthy learning, working and living environment.

CARE Resources and Referral Sheet